InvestBulgaria Agency Head Looks Forward to Major Chinese Investment in Bulgaria
Stamen Yanev, head of the InvestBulgaria Agency, has said that he hopes that the country will attract a substantial Chinese investment.
Speaking Friday ahead of a Chinese-Bulgarian business forum, he noted that a series of meetings and events with Chinese business representatives had helped overcome the skepticism towards the implementation of Chinese investments in Bulgaria.
“I believe that Bulgaria, thanks to its geographic location, is a natural bridge between the East and the West and from this point of view we are very interesting for China because we are the gatweay to Europe,” Yanev declared.
The InvestBulgaria Agency CEO informed that a European-Chinese economic zone, which was part of the Trakia economic zone, would be opened on Friday.
The business forum, organized by the Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency (BSMEPA), with the cooperation of the Plovdiv Municipality and the Bulgarian-Chinese Business Development Association, brings together a hundred Chinese and Bulgarian companies, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Yanev also drew attention to an upward trend in foreign investment in Bulgaria in 2015, adding that a big German company was about to invest in Bulgaria.
“We are currently in talks with over 37 companies which have expressed interest in setting up business in Bulgaria and we hope that at least half of them do it by the end of the year,” he stated.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia