Prosecutors Press Fresh Charges of Abuse of Office against Ex Military Commander
The prosecuting authority has charged Brig-Gen Dimitar Shivikov, former national commander of the Bulgarian contingent in Afghanistan, with abuse of office in 9 new cases.
During an investigation against Shivikov over the unlawful use of the work of his subordinates for repair works at his home, the Military District Prosecutor’s Office collected evidence for 9 new cases of abuse of office and arrogation of power, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Prosecutors also collected evidence for the embezzlement of items during the mission in Afghanistan.
Shivikov was first charged with abuse of office in April.
He was deprived of access to classified information over the lawsuit and was forced to submit a report stating that he would leave office.
In August he announced that he would run for Mayor of Karlovo as an independent candidate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski