Thousands Migrants Start Walking Toward Vienna from Hungarian Border
Thousands of asylum-seekers broke through police lines at Austria's main border crossing with Hungary and set off on foot for Vienna on Friday, newswires reported.
Austria has sharply reduced train traffic from the border crossing at Nickelsforf due to overcrowding and called buses and taxis to take migrants to Vienna, from where they want to proceed further west to Germany and the Nordic countries. In Munich, the first arrival point in Germany for most of those travelling on from Austria, authorities announced that more than 40,000 people have arrived over the past six days.
The vehicles apparently were not enough to compensate for the suspension of the special train shuttles between Nickelsdorf and Vienna that had been operating over the past days, which made more and more migrants to beging walking toward Vienna situated some 60 km. to the west. Austrian authorities had to close to traffic the main A4 motorway leading from Nickelsdorf to Vienna late on Thursday to prevent potential road accidents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Polish Politicians on Decision of EU Court: They Declared War on Us!
- » Warsaw: We will Not Comply with the EU Declaration of the Rule of Law
- » European Leaders Attacked Poland at a Summit in Brussels
- » EU Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Supports Introduction of "Green Certificate" in Bulgaria