Bomb Threat Evacuates Building of Bulgarian Presidency
A bomb threat necessitated the evacuation of the building of the Bulgarian Presidency in Sofia on Friday.
All the officials serving in the presidential administration have been evacuated away from the building.
According to media reports, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev was not in the building at the time when the threat was issued as he was scheduled to attend the opening of a new production capacity of a German company.
The police is inspecting the building for the presence of an explosive device.
The signal for the bomb was submitted by a man to the 112 emergency telephone number at 12.45 o'clock.
This has been the latest in a series of bomb threats issued against public institutions in Sofia recently.
Earlier this week, the buildings of the Palace of Justice and Sofia Municipality were subject to evacuations due to bomb threats, which turned out to be false ones.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Many Car Accidents in the Country for the Past 24 Hours - 1 Victim
- » San Francisco: Huge Fire in a Warehouse
- » Plane with 98 Passengers Crashed in Pakistan
- » Huge Fire in London Warehouse
- » Derailed Train in Bulgaria, Stara Zagora - Delayed Schedules and Spillage of Copper Concentrate
- » Explosion in a Chemical Plant Near Venice - Possible Spread of Chemicals