Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
Greek football club PAOK signed a contract with Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov until 30 June 2016.
The website of PAOK notes the impressive career and achievements of Berbatov, who has scored 274 goals in 635 club encounters.
The 34-year-old Bulgarian started his career at CSKA Sofia in 1988 before going abroad, where he has successively played for Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Fulham and Monaco.
Among the trophies won by Berbatov are two Premier League titles, two Football League Cups, two FA Community Shields, one FIFA Club World Cup and one Bulgarian Cup.
He also holds the UEFA Cup top goalscorer award for the 2000-2001 season and the Premier League Golden Boot having scored twenty goals in the 2010-2011 season.
Berbatov is also the all-time goalscorer of the Bulgarian men's national football team having scored 48 goals in 78 appearances.
The team from Thessaloniki welcomes the great player to the club and wishes him the best of luck.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Football Star Berbatov Official Candidate for President of Bulgarian Football Union
- » Special Bets from Palms Bet - How to Bet on Duels and Specials?
- » Football: First Victory for Bulgaria in 2022 World Cup Qualifications
- » Sofia to become "World Capital of Sport" for 2024
- » Russia May apply for Hosting Olympic Games in 2036
- » Bulgaria’s National Football Team took a Point against the European Champion