Bulgarian Authorities Detain Five Suspected Terrorists at Border with Macedonia
Bulgarian authorities detained five suspected terrorists at the Gyueshevo border checkpoint at the frontier with Macedonia late on Wednesday.
The detained foreigners are young men from Kosovo aged between 20 and 25 years, private NOVA TV reports.
The border checkpoint confirmed that five foreigners have been detained as they attempted to cross into Bulgaria.
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) took control of the investigation under the supervision of the regional prosecutor's office in Kyustendil.
According to unconfirmed reports, the arrests occurred after the foreigners offered a bribe to the border policemen, which aroused the suspicion of the authorities.
After a more detailed search in the belongings of the Kosovars, the authorities found pictures of beheaded people on their mobile telephones and special prayers read by Jihadists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski