DW: Why Has Putin Softened Tone on Bulgaria?
Views on BG | August 21, 2015, Friday // 20:44
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov gave a Karakachan puppy dog as a gift to Vladimir Putin who visited Sofia in November 2010 as Prime Minister of Russia. Photo BGNES
“In December, Russian President Vladimir Putin sharply attacked EU and NATO member Bulgaria for supporting Western sanctions against Russia but now, his tone has noticeably softened,” Deutsche Welle said on Friday.
What has changed? Find out in the article “Why Putin is courting Bulgaria” here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'