Tourist Trips by Bulgarians Drop 5.1% Y/Y in Q2 2015
A total of 810,100 Bulgarian nationals made tourist trips in the second quarter of 2015, a decrease of 5.1% compared to the same period of last year, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said on Friday.
The statistics doesn’t cover Bulgarian residents younger than 15 years.
Out of those 810,000 Bulgarians, 76% made tourist trips to destinations inside their home country, 22.1% travelled abroad, while 1.9% travelled both in Bulgaria and abroad.
The number of those who made tourist trips abroad in the second quarter increased by 2.2% compared with the same period of 2014, while the number of domestic trips decreased by 7%.
People in the age group 25-44 years made 42.2% of all tourist trips by Bulgarian nationals in the period April-June 2015.
Food had the highest share of spending on domestic trips (37.3%), while transport costs accounted for the biggest chung of spending on trips abroad (30.9%).
- » 2.4 Million Bulgarians are Considering a Tourist Trip or Vacation during the Holidays
- » The Burgas - Istanbul Cruise Starts from July 1 Next Year
- » Tourists Will Pay a Tax for a Hotel Stay in Turkey
- » 4 not so Popular Ski Runs in Bulgaria
- » Wizz Air Recognized as the Best Low Cost Airline in Bulgaria and the Most Preferred Passenger Choice for the Third Consecutive Year
- » Four Children Will Travel to their Dream City with Turkish Airlines