Tourist Trips by Bulgarians Drop 5.1% Y/Y in Q2 2015
A total of 810,100 Bulgarian nationals made tourist trips in the second quarter of 2015, a decrease of 5.1% compared to the same period of last year, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said on Friday.
The statistics doesn’t cover Bulgarian residents younger than 15 years.
Out of those 810,000 Bulgarians, 76% made tourist trips to destinations inside their home country, 22.1% travelled abroad, while 1.9% travelled both in Bulgaria and abroad.
The number of those who made tourist trips abroad in the second quarter increased by 2.2% compared with the same period of 2014, while the number of domestic trips decreased by 7%.
People in the age group 25-44 years made 42.2% of all tourist trips by Bulgarian nationals in the period April-June 2015.
Food had the highest share of spending on domestic trips (37.3%), while transport costs accounted for the biggest chung of spending on trips abroad (30.9%).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Entering Greece - Only After a Negative Test for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach
- » 3000 COVID-19 Tests per Day at Kulata Border Checkpoint, Greece Launches Website for Questions
- » Finland Lifts Travel Restriction for 17 Countries, Bulgaria Is Not Among Them
- » Greece: All Travellers Entering the Kulata Border Checkpoint Will Be Tested for COVID-19