Six Egyptian Policemen Injured as Car Bomb Hits Security Building in Cairo
A car bomb targeted a state security building in northern Cairo early on Thursday, injuring six Egyptian policemen.
The explosion, which occurred in the Shubra district, destroyed the facade of the building., Al Jazeera informs.
At present, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, the BBC reports.
Several bomb attacks have been carried out in Cairo this year, mainly by militants based in northern Sinai and affiliated with Islamic State (IS).
The militants have targeted Egyptian security officials.
The latest attack comes just days after Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi approved new counter-terrorism legislation to fight the Islamic militants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country