Road Accidents Kill 23 People in Bulgaria in Past Week
Between August 10 and 16, a total of 172 heavy road accidents took place in Bulgaria, claiming the lives of 23 people and injuring 222 people.
This is revealed by the figures of the National Police General Directorate, which was published by the Interior Ministry.
An analysis of the interior ministry shows that speeding, driving without the possession of a valid licence and drink-driving continue to be the most frequent types of road violations.
The total number of offences committed on the territory of Bulgaria between August 10 and 16 amounted to 11 504.
The highest number of offenders were registered in Sofia, followed by violators in Burgas and Plovdiv.
The largest number of traffic tickets were issued for driving without the possession of a licence, followed by drink-driving.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Crime Group of Vote Buyers Busted, Members Are MP Candidates
- » Magnitude 5,3 Earthquake Rocks Turkey
- » Bulgaria: Fatal Accident on Trakia Motorway, Fuel Tanker Driver Burnt Like Torch
- » Earthquake Measuring 3,5 Registered in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Series of Earthquakes Rock Southern Greece
- » Man Opened Fire At Police in Moscow Suburb Found Dead - TASS