Wildfires in Bulgaria Increase in Number and Area Affected
Wildfires have burned down 952 hectares of forest in Bulgaria in the first 14 days of August, a sharp increase over the same period of 2013 when the weather was also hot and dry, the Agriculture Ministry said on Friday.
Some 316 hectares burnt to ashes in the same period of 2013, the ministry said in a statement.
The number of wildfires during the period 1-14 August has doubled to 84.
A total of 231 wildfires have affected 1,654 hectares of forest land since the beginning of the year, according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Shooting at University in Siberia
- » Fire Burns Down COVID Hospital in North Macedonia, At Least 10 Dead
- » Strong Earthquake Shook Mexico, There is a Casualty
- » More than 50 people Putting Out the Big Forest Fire in Kirkovo Municipality
- » A Man is Detained for the Fire in Blagoevgrad
- » Big Fire in the Center of Blagoevgrad