Four Confirmed Dead, One Missing after Macedonia Floods
Macedonian authorities have confirmed that four people have lost their lives in Monday's floods triggered by stormy weather.
A six-year-old girl has been reported missing, according to Macedonian news agency MIA.
Earlier it was reported that between 5 and 9 people had died.
As many as 11 people have been left injured after the floods hit the northwestern region of Tetovo.
Torrential rains on Monday caused the Pena River to swell and overflow, also damaging infrastructure in the region.
Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski said on Tuesday morning that "all institutions" are committed to helping Tetovo recover.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia
- » Tension in Kosovo after an Albanian Shot two Serbian Boys
- » Vucic announced that He is in his Last Term as President of Serbia