Bulgaria’s PM: At least ? of Hemus Motorway Will Be Ready by End of Term in Office
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has vowed that at least half of the Hemus motorway will be completed by the end of the term in office of the current government.
Speaking Monday at the official opening of the 5 km motorway section connecting Belokopitovo to Kaspichan, Borisov said that a tender for the construction of a new 60 km section was about to be launched.
The newly launched motorway section was built with state budget money.
Regarding the source of the funding for the remaining part of the Hemus motorway, at around BGN 1 900 000 000, Borisov told journalists that the government would rely on revenues generated by curbing smuggling and on savings from the Struma motorway.
He underscored that the designing of the Hemus motorway was running parallel to the tender procedures.
As regards the future 60 km section connecting Yablanitsa to Lovech, Borisov informed that the funding had already been provided.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price