Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
The dead body of a woman believed to be English has been found near her house in the village of Malomir, in Yambol Region in southeastern Bulgaria, 24 Chasa news daily reported on Friday.
A murder is suspected as the body is rumoured to have been partially burnt, according to the newspaper.
The body has not been officially identified yet.
Citing unofficial information, 24 Chasa said the body belonged to a woman aged about 60, who had settled in Malomir in spring 2015 together with her physically disabled husband. Prior to that the family had lived in Turkey.
The body was found by a local man on Thursday night some 200 metres away from the home where the woman lived. She was suspectedly murdered shortly after going out to walk her dogs at around 10 p.m. (0700 GMT) on Thursday.
Police has declined to disclose any official information, 24 Chasa said.
The regional prosecuting authority in Yambol said an investigation is underway and the reason for the woman’s death will be announced only after the autopsy of the body is completed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski