Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
The Bulgarian reigning football champion Ludogorets signed a contract with one of the most promising players of Sao Paulo – Jonathan Renato Barbosa – Cafu.
The 24-year-old Brazilian, who plays as a winger, joins the Bulgarian team after having played eleven matches for Sao Paulo this season.
In the previous season, Cafu made 32 appearances and scored six goals for another Brazilian side - Ponte Preta.
Cafu expressed happiness with his transfer to Ludogorets, saying that he was coming to a team of world class.
The Brazilian shared his determination to become champion and pointed to his role model as being his fellow national – Neymar.
His transfer, which reportedly amounted to EUR 1.8 M, came under question after Ludogorets ended its participation in the European tournaments early on in the new season.
The Bulgarian team was ousted from the second qualifying round of the Champions League after suffering two defeats to the Moldovan champion Milsami Orhei.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance