Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Officials to Hold Protest in Downtown Sofia
Officials of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry from all over the country are expected to gather at a protest, which will take place in Sofia on Saturday.
The protest, which is organised by the trade union representing the interior ministry officials, will start from the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, daily Dnevnik reports.
The cause of the latest protest is the new failure of negotiations between the trade union and the political leadership of the ministry.
The trade union noted that some advance has been made towards reaching agreement on some issues, such as the problems surrounding the specialised police operation on guarding the border with Turkey and the overtime labour of officials.
However no progress has been achieved on other topics, such as the restructuring of the General Directorate Fire Safety and Civil Protection and the resignation of its director Chief Commissioner Nikolay Nikolov, which is demanded by the trade union.
Policemen, firefighters and prison officers will also protest against the pension reform proposed by the government and the changes to labour conditions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend