PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov boasted about Bulgaria’s contribution to the EU’s security, portraying the country as one of the worst hit by increasing migratory pressure at a meeting with Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission.
Borisov noted during Thursday’s meeting in Sofia that the accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen Area would be a clear signal of the EU’s unity in the fight against terrorism and illegal migration.
“We should not allow cracks in security at any border on the territory of any EU country,” Borisov added, stressing the importance of ensuring that the foreign policy and security policy of the EU were congruent.
Bulgaria’s Prime Minister and the EU foreign policy chief also discussed the situation in Greece, with Borisov emphasizing that maintaining financial stability and a reasonable budget policy were the right choice, which was made all the more evident by the development of the situation.
Borisov presented to Mogherini data on the increase in revenues generated by stemming corruption and smuggling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov