Wildfire Rages for Second Day Near Bulgaria's Harmanli
A wildfire has been raging for the second day in the Sakar mountain in southeastern Bulgaria.
The wildfire has spread near the village of Dripchevo and the villages surrounding the town of Harmanli, Darik radio informs.
The fire spread on a forest terrain, with bushes, grass and trees among the affected vegetation, but at present there is no danger for the inhabitants in the area.
Apart from the firefighters, 35 servicemen with military equipment are participating in extinguishing the fire, which is hampered by the poor accessibility of the terrain.
Meanwhile, the police in Haskovo announced that there are suspects for causing the fire.
According to the local authorities, the suspected perpetrators were in the region, when the fire started.
They are being interrogated at the police department, but the authorities refuse to disclose further information until the investigation is concluded.
The two fires, which raged above the village of Ilindentsi in the Strumyani municipality in the Pirin mountain, have been extinguished.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cold with Max. Temperatures between Minus 3°C and 2°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Snow with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 2°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C