Greece-EU Relations Cannot Change Just because of Current Govt – Ambassador Stoidis
Greek Ambassador to Bulgaria Dimosthenis Stoidis has underscored that Greece has been an EU Member State for 30 years, adding that this relationship could not change just because of the current government.
Stoidis told journalists in Bulgaria’s Kardzhali that the next Greek government would probably continue the positive relations with the EU.
He argued that the current Greek government wanted to change its relations with the EU, as well as its debt relations, in some way.
Stoidis, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency, said Saturday that the Greek people were losing money from the opportunities provided by the EU.
He noted that, taking into account the current situation, no outflow of tourists was observable amid the closure of Greek banks.
Stoidis pointed out that the construction of the Komotini-Kardzhali-Haskovo-Dimitrovgrad gas pipeline was a major topic for Greece and expressed his hope that the construction of the gas grid interconnector would start by end-2016.
Asked to comment on the passage of freight vehicles and tourist busses via the Makaza – Nimfea border crossing point, he said that he would examine the site in person to check the capacity of the road and the nearby infrastructure.
He emphasized that the construction of the mandatory scales for freight vehicles had to be accomplished with funding provided by Bulgaria.
Stoidis also spoke about cooperation between Greek and Bulgarian municipalities on EU-funded joint projects.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Bulgaria to COREPER: Right Now there is No Way to Solve the Issue with North Macedonia
- » PM Petkov confirmed Bulgaria's demands to North Macedonia, EU is Frustrated
- » Biden Nominates a New Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Macron is ready to Organize a Sofia-Skopje Meeting in Paris
- » The US Condemned the Arson of the Bulgarian Cultural Center in North Macedonia