Greek Eurobank to Buy Branch Network of Alpha Bank in Bulgaria - Reuters
Greek Euroboank, which owns 100% of Bulgaria's Postbank, will buy around 80 branches of Greek Alpha Bank in Bulgaria for EUR 1, according to a Eurobank official, as cited by Reuters.
The boards of the two banks are to meet Friday to finalize the deal.
Reuters informs that more than one-fifth of Bulgaria's bank assets are owned by Greek banks.
Eurobank Bulgaria had assets worth BGN 5.9 B by end-March 2015 and its Q1 net profit stood at BGN 20.8 M.
Alpha Bank is the only one of all Greek banks functioning in Bulgaria to not operate as a subsidiary but as a branch, meaning that deposits at the bank are guaranteed by the Greek deposit guarantee scheme, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The History of Bitcoin
- » Unemployment Rates in Bulgaria Remain High
- » BNB Has Approved an Extension of the Moratorium on Payments
- » Are Title Loans Worth it?
- » BDB Bulgaria: The Interest-Free Loans Approved by Commercial Banks for Individuals Reached Nearly BGN 50 Million
- » Official: Bulgaria and Croatia Join the ERM II Exchange Rate Mechanism