Shooting at Tennessee Military Facilities Leaves 5 Dead, incl 4 Marines, Gunman
The gunman who shot and killed four Marines Thursday during attacks at a recruiting center and another US military site in Chattanooga, Tennessee, has been identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.
Abdulazeez, 24, was born in Kuwait, according to local law enforcement source, as cited by Fox News.
The shooter opened fire on two military facilities, including a strip mall military recruiting center and an operational support center operated by the U.S. Navy.
The shooting started at around 10:45 a.m. local time.
The gunman was travelling in a car during the shooting rampage.
The four victims and the suspected shooter were killed at the second site.
The shooting left three injured.
Ed Reinhold, FBI special agent in charge, told reporters that the authorities were investigating whether the shooting had been an act of terrorism, and if so, whether it had been domestic or international terrorism, or a simple criminal act.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Day 580 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Izmail
- » More than 200 people were Injured in an Explosion at a Gas Station in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Day 579 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv has received American Abrams Tanks
- » France to phase out coal by 2027
- » France will End its Military Presence in Niger and Bring Back its Ambassador