Cargo Ship Got Stuck Along the Danube River
A cargo ship named ‘’Sredna Gora’’ that is currently owned by the Bulgarian Marine Administration (BRP) got stuck along the Danube River in the region of Svishtov.
The information has been confirmed by the CEO of the government office, Dragomir Kochenov.
Meanwhile, the Chief of the Executive agency for Exploration and Maintenance of the Danube River, Pavlin Tsonev, has stated in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio that the main cause for the incident is the low level of the river.
‘’We can now observe a decrease of the river levels,’’ he explained. ‘’ The rocky surfaces that are now beginning to emerge along the Danube River are already causing trouble for sailing ships.’’
The hydrographic ship ‘’Vit’’ is already located near the incident and will be taking regular probes from the water. The crew will be creating an escape plan for the cargo vessel.
According to several experts, the situation could be resolved by the end of the day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Car Crash in Sofia: Two Women Killed. The Driver Fled (UPDATED)
- » A 19-year-old Boy was Found Dead in the yard of the School in a Bulgarian Village
- » Bulgaria: Poor Roads and Lack of Control are the Main Reasons for the Large Number of Accidents
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris
- » Bulgarian TV Crew Attacked in Serbia
- » Fire in the Train Sofia - Burgas, Passengers were Evacuated near Aytos