New Round of Negotiations On EU-US Trade Agreement Starts
Earlier in July, EU Commissioner for Trade, Cecilia Malmstr?m stated that the final parameters of the agreement will most probably be postponed for the upcoming year.
''I think that the agreement will not be ready by end 2015, but until then we would like to have the basis of the most important decisions so that we can focus on the details, after,'' Malmstr?m stated.
In her words, the main goal will be for the talks to result in an official agreement within the mandate of the Obama administration.
The European Commission is also planning to organize an event with participants from all groups interested on Wednesday (July 15) where the representatives will talk on topics or regulatory compatibility concerning energy resources, market accessibility, agriculture, services, investments and many more.
European Parliament has already voted on its recommendations concerning the TTIP, confirming the wish of the EU to open up its market for US goods, without abandoning its already established standards.
The main demand of the EU MP s has been for new legislative rules that will allow for lawsuits between investors and government agencies to be executed by publicly appointed judges according to transparent rules.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iliana Ivanova was officially appointed as European Commissioner
- » Thousands of Supporters of a pro-Russian Movement Protested in the Czech Republic
- » Imports of Ukrainian Grain: Poland, Hungary and Slovakia Unilaterally Extended the Ban
- » The EU Monitoring for Bulgaria and Romania has been Ended
- » The Netherlands and Austria reiterated that they will Not Allow an Expansion of Schengen
- » The ECB raised Interest Rates to a New Record