BRICS Leaders Issue Anti-Terrorism Declaration
The declaration signed by BRICS leaders, issued at their meeting in the Russian town of Ufa, is set on confirming the organization's unified vision on issues of international importance.
A number of analysts believe that this is a step in the direction of the organization aiming at increasing its role in resolving global issues.
The high-level representatives from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa announced that they would encourage reforms in the UN and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). They also condemned one-way sanctions and opposed allocation of additional funds to already quite well-developed economies across the world.
Additionally, the leaders stated their opposition to the actions of Islamic State and called for countries to follow the Minsk agreement on Ukraine.
"We condemn in the strongest terms terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, the continued, widespread and grave abuses of human rights and violations of international humanitarian law committed by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, Al-Nusrah Front and associated terrorist groups, and in particular the persecution of individuals and communities on the basis of their religion or ethnicity, as well all forms of violence against civilians, particularly women and children," the document states.
The 50-page declaration encompasses all hot issues in discussion across international communities – starting from the conflict in Syria, the wars in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Afghanistan , environmental issues, fighting corruption and drug trafficking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Day 401 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Blinken urged the Americans to leave Russia immediately
- » Every 10th Resident of France is an Immigrant