Uber Appeals Fines by Competition Protection Commission in Bulgaria
Mere hours after the Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) in Bulgaria announced that Uber will be fined by BGN 200,000, the company issued an official statement on the case.
''UBER Bulgaria will be appealing the decision of the CCP partly concerning the company on the issue raised by a taxi company aiming at limiting competition and citizens' freedom of choice,'' said Dimitar Radukov, CEO of Uber Bulgaria.
He added that alternative types of transportation such as joined travel offer a wider pool of choice for customers. Competition contributes for lowering the prices of services and improvements, Radukov said.
The reason the company was fined on Monday are breaching competition rules, refusal to pay the license fees required by a company that offers transport services to passengers, and failure to cooperate with Bulgarian authorities by providing information they requested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Tourism: Over 50,000 Russians have Visited Bulgaria by the End of June
- » Bulgaria: Book Bus Tickets In Advance for the Southern Black Sea Coast
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » How to Launch a Small Business in Today’s Economic Climate