Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in First Round of Wimbledon
Bulgaria's female tennis player Sesil Karatancheva concluded her participation in Wimbledon after suffering a defeat in the first round of the tournament.
Karatancheva was defeated by Silvia Soler-Espinosa from Spain with 6:2, 2:6, 5:7 on Tuesday.
The Bulgarian started the match well, winning convincingly the first set, but her performance was not as good in the second set.
The third set was the most contested, with the two players exchanging a series of breaks, but in the end Karatancheva was defeated.
This was her first participation in the tournament since 2009 and Karatancheva suffered her fourth defeat in five encounters with Soler-Espinosa.
The other Bulgarian female player in the tournament Tsvetana Pironkova was also ousted from the tournament on Monday.
The only Bulgarian representative left is Grigor Dimitrov, who will face Steve Johnson from the USA in the second round after defeating the Argentinian Federico Delbonis in the opening round with 6:3, 6:0, 6:4.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside