Greece 'Has Plan B' if Europe Refuses New Bailout
Athens has drafted a "Plan B" in case the Eurozone turns down the latest bailout request of PM Alexis Tsipras, Greek Energy Minister Panagiotis Lafazanis has said.
"Lack of many from the EU is not the end of the world. We have other sources," Lazafanis told Rossiya 24 TV.
Lafazanis failed to elaborate.
He asserted that his country would be able to come out of the crisis as victors.
"Officially we demanded aid from nobody... but now there is no such thing as unnecessary aid for us. Most of all [aid] by Russia - this would be a great help to us," the minister added.
Moscow says it is closely following developments in Greece.
Lafazanis' comments came as Athens missed an IMF payment deadline early on Wednesday Greek time. The Eurozone finance ministers are set to discuss a last-minute Greek proposal later on Wednesday morning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey is preparing to take command of NATO forces in Kosovo
- » Earthquake with Magnitude above 5 in Romania, also felt in Hungary
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » 700 NATO troops have arrived in Northern Kosovo
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo