Roma People Start Demolishing Illegal Residences Themselves
After they had been given an hour to leave their illegal residential buildings, Roma people in Garmen started demolishing their houses by themselves.
The first house was smashed at around 11:30, as reported by BGNES.
People are currently removing their possessions from some of the other buildings in the illegal Roma neighborhood.
Meanwhile, the area is currently surrounded by police officers, firefighters and ambulances. Close to a hundred people gathered in front of their homes and started calling out the name of the Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov. They said in interviews for journalists that they believed him to be the only person who could save them.
Close to 100 women and children gathered in one of the houses stating that they prefer to be ran over as opposed to losing their homes.
Bulldozers are scheduled to demolish the entire illegal living space by the end of the day, following the ethnic tensions in the region among Bulgarian and Roma people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend