Bulgaria Grabs Silver after Losing Men's Volleyball Final in Baku
The Bulgarian men's national volleyball team won a silver medal after losing the final against Germany at the First European Games in Baku.
Bulgaria lost 1-3 (16-25, 18-25, 31-29, 21-25) in a thrilling match on Sunday, offering a staunch resistance in the third set.
Nikolay Nikolov scored 14 points for Bulgaria, while his teammates Valentin Bratoev and Svetoslav Gotsev added 12 points each, but this was not enough for claiming the final victory.
Germany defeated Bulgaria for the second time at the games, having previously won 3-0 in their encounter in Pool B.
Thus, Bulgaria concluded its participation at the games with ten medals – one gold, four silver and five bronze.
The only gold medal for Bulgaria was claimed by sisters Stefani and Gabriela Stoevi, who won the women's doubles badminton competition on Saturday.
Several hours before the official closing ceremony of the European Games, Bulgaria occupies 27th place in the medal ranking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar
- » What are the Most Popular Sports in Europe?