At Least 27 Killed as Gunmen Target Tourist Hotel in Tunisia
At least 27 people were killed and several injured as gunmen targeted a tourist hotel near the Tunisian resort city of Sousse on Friday.
The interior ministry informed that a "terrorist attack" was ongoing, with at least one gunman shot dead and another being pursued by security forces, the BBC reports.
Local media report that the gunmen might have specifically targeted tourists at the resort, with most of the victims being identified as foreign tourists, Al Jazeera informs.
A local radio stated that the targeted hotel was Imperial Marhaba, while others claim that the attack took place on a beach near two hotels.
Tunisia has been on high alert since March, when terrorists attacked the Bardo National Museum in the capital of Tunis and killed 22 people, who were mainly foreign tourists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk