New Far-Right Political Group Emerges at EU Parliament
The leader of the French National Front Marine Le Pen announced in Brussels on Tuesday the establishment of a new far-right political group in the European Parliament.
The group bears the name Europe of Nations and Freedoms (ENF) and its co-presidents will be Le Pen and Marcel Graaff from Dutch Party for Freedom (PVV), EUobserver reports.
Le Pen stated that the group is “strong, convinced, coherent and ambitious and will fight with all its strength to defend” its people.
According to the French nationalist leader, the EU had nothing to offer to migrants, while the concerted dissolution of the euro was the most sensible solution for Europe.
The ENF is composed of MEPs from the French National Front, the Dutch PVV, the Freedom Party of Austria, the Belgian Vlaams Belang and Italy's Lega Nord.
In order for a political group to be established in the European Parliament, it must have at least 25 MEPs from seven different member states.
The ENF has 37 members and features a British MEP, who formerly sat with UKIP and two MEPs from Poland's Congress of the New Right (KNP).
The new group will be smaller than the existing Eurosceptic group Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy (EFDD), which is led by UKIP and the Italian Five Star Movement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgaria has Officially Applied for the Eurozone
- » Eurostat: The Highest Rate of Severe Material Deprivation is in Bulgaria