European Commission OKs Bulgaria’s Final Two 2014-2020 Operational Programs
The European Commission has given the green light to Bulgaria’s last 2 operational programs in the 2014-2020 programming period, including “Environment” and “Regions in Growth.”
All of Bulgaria’s 7 operational programs in the 2014-2020 programming period have now been approved, with their total budget amounting to EUR 7.6 B, according to the EC pres office.
The funding under operational program “Environment” 2014-2020 stands at EUR 1.77 B (including national co-financing), with the EU resources, provided under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund, totaling EUR 1.5 B.
The program envisages a list of concrete measures in support of Bulgaria’s efforts to switch to a more competitive low-carbon economy matching the EU’s high standards in the spheres of environmental protection and efficient use of resources.
The funding will go to waste management, water supply management, wastewater treatment, environmental protection, improved response to natural disasters, and the creation of risk prevention and management systems.
Operational program “Regions in Growth” 2014-2020 has a budget of EUR 1.5 B (including national co-financing), including EUR 1.3 provided under the ERDF.
A total of 39 district centers will be directly involved in the management of the resources under “Regions in Growth” 2014-2020.
The funding will go to measures targeting sustainable urban development, a low-carbon economy, the energy efficiency of buildings, integrated urban transport, social and educational infrastructure, and tourism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station
- » The US Considers Inclusion of Four Countries, Including Bulgaria, in the Visa-Free Travel Program
- » EU Council: The European Union Must Use Nuclear Power to Ensure its Energy Independence
- » Grace Period for the Introdution of a "Green Certificate" has expired. From Today Controls Begin
- » Director of Hospital: More and More Young People and Children Suffer a Severe COVID-19