This Will Be a Record Year in EU Fund Absorption, Bulgarian President Plevneliev says
Bulgaria is the logistics hub in Southeast Europe. I would like for Portuguese businesses to discover a country that is a center of stability on the Balkans.
The statement was made by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev at the opening of a Bulgarian-Portuguese business forum.
He further noted that the year 2015 will mark a record when it comes to EU fund absorption, explaining that this year the funds that will be absorbed will total the same amount as that of the past six years. Plevneliev also commended the center-right GERB government on its clear program through which the country has been returned to its stability.
‘’There currently are key reforms taking place in the fields of justice, security, energy, education and healthcare, so as a leader of Bulgaria I stand firmly behind them,’’ added Plevneliev.
The Portuguese President Antonio Cavaco Silva in his turn noted that the two countries have always maintained friendly relations, especially after Bulgaria’s accession to the EU. He, however, said that they have not reached their maximum potential in economic terms.
‘’Portugal had to offer a program of severe measures to create a suitable environment for investment,’’ he added. ‘’ Currently, the budget deficit is under control. Unemployment has also decreased.’’
During the forum a document was signed that is the official establishment of the Bulgarian-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce. Memorandums have been signed between the Bulgarian Investment Agency and its Portuguese counterpart, as well as by the Bulgarian Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid
- » In 2022, Bulgaria declared 84 Russian Officials as Persona Non Grata