Poland in Talks over Stationing Heavy US Weapons on Its Soil
Polish Defence Minister Tomasz Siemoniak has said Warsaw is in talks with Washington over the stationing of heavy US weapons on Polish territory.
The deployment of US battle tanks and other heavy weapons in Poland had been discussed with US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter during Siemioniak’s visit to Washington on 19 May, Siemoniak said in an interview with Polish news agency PAP on Sunday.
His comments followed a report in the New York Times on Saturday, according to which the Pentagon is proposing to deploy heavy military equipment enough for 5,000 US military in several Baltic and Eastern European states to reassure NATO allies made nervous by what they perceive as Russian aggression against Ukraine.
The Polish Defence Ministry said on Sunday that Siemoniak had received assurances during his visit to Washington that a decision on stationing heavy US weapons in warehouses in Poland would be taken soon.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Day 401 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Blinken urged the Americans to leave Russia immediately