Bulgaria’s Policemen, Firefighters, Prison Officers to Stage Massive Protest in Sofia
A protest of policemen, firefighters and prison officers is scheduled to take place at 17:00 on Friday in the garden of the Saint Sedmochislenitsi Church in Sofia, which is immediately next to the building of the Interior Ministry.
The protesters are also planning to hold a procession from the building of the National Assembly and back, which will start an hour later, Darik radio reports.
The security sector officials have started to talk of a protest a month ago after the presentation of the pension reform, when they expressed disagreement with some of the proposed changes to the retirement conditions.
The policemen are discontent with the increase of the age of retirement in the security sector, the labour conditions and the specialised operation on the border with Turkey.
This is expected to be the protest attracting the largest number of participants to date and it will include people from all over the country.
Apart from the demonstration in front of the building of the Interior Ministry, the protesters are going to lay a tented camp in front of the building of the National Assembly.
The protest will last until the end of the week and transport to Sofia has been provided in order for people from all parts of the country to take part.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Bulgaria Returns Some Measures Against COVID-19, No Indoor Entertainments
- » Bulgaria: Еnvironmental Protests Against Amendments to Biological Diversity Act
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria