Bulgarian Socialist Party Keeps Georgi Kadiev in Parliamentary Group
Following a vote on Wednesday, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) decided to keep Georgi Kadiev as member of its parliamentary group.
In order for Kadiev to be excluded from the parliamentary group of BSP, two-thirds of the Socialist MPs had to vote in favour of his exclusion, daily Dnevnik reports.
Kadiev remained two votes short of exclusion, as 24 MPs voted in favour of his exclusion, 14 against, with one MP not casting his vote due to his absence.
Kadiev proposed amendments to the Election Code, which allow electoral campaigning in foreign language in case a simultaneous and accurate translation in Bulgarian is provided.
The parliamentary group of BSP decided at a sitting last week that it did not support the proposal and insisted on Kadiev to withdraw it, giving him a deadline until Tuesday.
The vote became necessary since Kadiev had not withdrawn his proposal by Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend