Repairs of Roads Leading to Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast to Stop on July 1
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova has vowed that repair works at roads leading to the Black Sea coast will stop on July 1 in order to ease traffic during the peak of the summer season.
Pavlova, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, explained that viaduct repairs would continue as it was not possible to stop them, with some of the projects scheduled for completion by July 15, and the majority of them to be ready by end-2015.
She noted that a total of 140 kilometers of new motorways, 80 kilometers of rehabilitated roads, and 340 kilometers of rehabilitated second and third class roads would be ready by end-2015.
Pavlova attended Sunday the official ceremony for the opening of the right lane of a 9-kilometer section of the Maritsa motorway connecting Svilengrad and Kapitan Andreevo.
The 9-kilometer motorway section was built with funding from the state budget, its price tag being BGN 34 M.
Pavlova announced that the final 36-kilometer section of the Maritsa motorway connecting Dimitrovgrad to the Trakia motorway was expected to be ready by October 1.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister, as cited by Darik radio, told journalists that over 2000 landslides across the country had to be fortified, adding that the Road Infrastructure Agency, as well as municipalities, would seek to use funding under operational program Environment for the purpose.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet