One Still in Critical Condition after Grenade Launcher Accident at Shooting Range in Bulgaria
One of the four injured in Saturday’s grenade launcher accident at the shooting range in the village of Anevo remains in critical condition, according to doctors at the University Hospital "Sveti Georgi" in Plovdiv.
The explosion, which occurred at around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday at the shooting range of state-owned military plant VMZ Sopot in Anevo, killed one US citizen and left four injured, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The person who suffered the most serious injured is also a US national. He underwent surgery at the University Hospital "Sveti Georgi" in Plovdiv and had a part of his right arm amputated. He is receiving treatment for numerous traumas and lacerations.
The doctors described the incident as very serious, adding that the injuries had been caused by the shockwave from the blast.
The other three who were injured in the accident, including a Canadian citizen, a US citizen, and a Bulgarian national, are in a stable condition.
The explosion occurred during experimental shooting conducted by a private company at the shooting range of VMZ Sopot.
The accident is believed to have been caused by failure to observe safety rules.
The US national who was killed in the incident is a civilian and not an arms dealer.
US Ambassador to Bulgaria Marcie Ries is to visit the Plovdiv-based hospital on Sunday, according to reports of Nova TV.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash with Migrants near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after being Hit by a Freight Train in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A 12-year-old Child caught Driving at 120 km/h on Trakia Highway