Bulgaria Could Lose EU Funding for 32 Projects under Regional Development OP
32 projects under operational program Regional Development 2007-2014 worth a total of BGN 66 M could lose the EU funding allocated to them, according to Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Pavlova told journalists Friday that the majority of at-risk projects were related to urban transport.
“These are all large-scale projects worth over EUR 50 M whose implementation was launched too late due to numerous appeals against tender procedures and contractor selection,” she said, adding that these schemes consisted of many components and were very complex.
Pavlova declared that projects in the healthcare sector and tourism could also lose the EU funding that had been allocated to them.
She assured that they would all be completed, adding that the remaining payments under the projects would have to be covered by the beneficiaries, unless the deadline for their launch December 31, 2015, was observed.
She explained that a number of projects worth a total of BGN 120 M, which had been placed on the reserve list, could be awarded funding under the operational program.
Pavlova made clear that the eligibility conditions included a contract with a contractor, a lack of ongoing appeals, and a real chance of completion of construction works in December 2015.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Comments on Key Takeaways from EC Online Meeting
- » Bulgaria’s Premier Joins in Official Online Ceremony of OECD
- » Venice Commission: Bulgaria’s Decision on Prosecutor General Supervision Is Strange
- » Bulgaria To Ban 8 Disposable Plastic Products from Summer 2021
- » Dozens of Bulgarians Arrive from UK Today, Others Still Stranded on Britain’s Borders
- » European Parliament Again Invites Bulgarian Authorities for Hearing