Romania’s PM Ponta Refuses to Resign amidst Corruption Probe
Romania’s Prime Minister Victor Ponta, under criminal investigation on corruprion charges, has rejected a call by President Klaus Iohannisl to resign.
“Only the Parliament can dismiss me! I think the observance of constitutional principles is vital for our society,” Ponta wrote on his Facebook page after a meeting with Iohannis on Friday, according to Agerpres.
“Under no circumstances can I accept a DNA [Romania’s National Anticorruption Directorate] prosecutor is above the Parliament, the Government and the citizens of this country,” Ponta said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Insults in Skopje against Bulgaria and the French Proposal
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Macron: I am Convinced that We Found a Compromise Solution for Bulgaria and N Macedonia
- » North Macedonia Postpones the Debate on the "French Proposal"
- » Fight in the Macedonian Parliament (VIDEO)
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal