Bulgarian Volleyball Star Surprisingly Chooses to Continue Club Career in Japan
Bulgarian volleyball star Matey Kaziyski surprisingly chose to continue his club career in Japan by signing a contract for one season with Panasonic Panthers.
The team from the city of Hirakata won the championship title in Japan in the 2013/2014 season, sportal.bg informs.
According to media reports, Kaziyski, who helped his team Trentino Volley claim the championship title in Italy this season, will receive USD 1 M for his transfer.
His transfer in Japan will mean that the player will not be under the guidance of Bulgarian coach Radostin Stoychev for the first time in the past eleven years.
Kaziyski and Stoychev have been working together since 2004 in the clubs of Slavia Sofia, Dynamo Moscow, Halkbank Ankara and Trentino.
The coach already signed a new three-year contract with Trentino.
There were serious offers for Kaziyski from teams in South Korea and the Turkish Fenerbahce, but at the end he chose the Japanese team.
The player decided to retire from the men's national volleyball team after a scandal with the Bulgarian Volleyball Federation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria