Sofia Citizens Leave Cars to Ride Subway amidst Street Repairs
The extreme renovation works taking place all over the infrastructure network in Sofia made thousands of people use public transportation. Most of them have started using the subway in town as a faster means of getting to work.
The number of passengers using the Sofia subway jumped by 9,000 people in just a day Monday, as reported by the municipality's press office.
The started summer renovation works along the infrastructural network along key boulevards and streets has redirected the passenger flow to the more eco-friendly subway transportation. On account of the closed segment of the Tsarigradsko Shose, an increase of 3,800 more people have used subway's line 1.
The average overall number of passengers in the subway is 325,000 people on a daily basis.
Meanwhile, the subway network in the Bulgarian capital continues expanding. The extension of line 2 absorb another BGN 15 M by the end of 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Largest Bulgarian Emergency Hospital Reduces by 50% Its Covid-19 Beds
- » 2/3 of Bulgarians Unlikely to Vaccinate, Western Europeans More Willing to Get Jab than Citizens of Eastern EU Countries
- » Another Surge of Covid-19 in Bulgaria Is possible in Autumn – Prof. Nikolay Vitanov
- » At Current Vaccination Rate Bulgaria Can Achieve Herd Immunity within Following Two Months
- » Vaccinated Americans Say Good-bye to Masks as Health Authorities Ease Restrictions
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 506 Newly Infected, 44 Fatalities