Sofia Citizens Leave Cars to Ride Subway amidst Street Repairs
The extreme renovation works taking place all over the infrastructure network in Sofia made thousands of people use public transportation. Most of them have started using the subway in town as a faster means of getting to work.
The number of passengers using the Sofia subway jumped by 9,000 people in just a day Monday, as reported by the municipality's press office.
The started summer renovation works along the infrastructural network along key boulevards and streets has redirected the passenger flow to the more eco-friendly subway transportation. On account of the closed segment of the Tsarigradsko Shose, an increase of 3,800 more people have used subway's line 1.
The average overall number of passengers in the subway is 325,000 people on a daily basis.
Meanwhile, the subway network in the Bulgarian capital continues expanding. The extension of line 2 absorb another BGN 15 M by the end of 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ballerina Danced on Ice for a Real ‘swan lake’
- » Mathematicians Predict Double Increase in Covid-19 Incidence in Bulgaria Within the Next 3 Weeks
- » Bulgarian Woman Saves Elderly Couple from Fire, Loses Own Life
- » NASA: Mars Perseverance Rover Goes on Its First Ride across Planet’s Terrain
- » Maria Bakalova Grabs Critic’s Choice Award, Praised as Best Supporting Actress
- » Bulgarian Commission for Consumer Rights Protection Alerts for Dangerous Disinfectants, Masks