Bulgarian Authorities Fine CEZ, EVN, Energo-Pro by BGN 1 M
Bulgaria's three energy distributors - CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro have been fined with a total of BGN 1 B on account of market abuse, as announced by the Commission on Protection of Competition.
As established through the investigation of the government commission, each and every one of the energy distributors has violated the local law by setting unreasonably high prices for the usage of the electricity distribution system. Thus, competition in the sector has effectively been limited, violated or completely eliminated thus negatively affecting the target market, i.e. regular electrical consumers.
As a result of the announced decision, the companies now need to pay monetary sanctions. CEZ Bulgaria needs to pay the biggest portion of the punishment with BGN 558, 446, then comes EVN with BGN 441, 380 and Energo-Pro owes Bulgarian authorities BGN 167, 256. The total sum of the imposed sanctions thus amounts to BGN 1, 167, 082.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » 32,000 Barrels of Fuel reach Ukraine from Bulgaria Every Day
- » Bulgarian MPs Banned the Export of Crude Oil and Oil Products from Russia
- » By the End of 2024, Bulgaria will be able to Import Russian Crude Oil
- » Protest in Sofia under the slogan "To Protect Bulgaria’s Energy Security"
- » Azerbaijan Confirmed the Supply of 12 Billion cubic meters of Gas to the EU in 2023