Bulgarian Authorities Fine CEZ, EVN, Energo-Pro by BGN 1 M
Bulgaria's three energy distributors - CEZ, EVN, and Energo-Pro have been fined with a total of BGN 1 B on account of market abuse, as announced by the Commission on Protection of Competition.
As established through the investigation of the government commission, each and every one of the energy distributors has violated the local law by setting unreasonably high prices for the usage of the electricity distribution system. Thus, competition in the sector has effectively been limited, violated or completely eliminated thus negatively affecting the target market, i.e. regular electrical consumers.
As a result of the announced decision, the companies now need to pay monetary sanctions. CEZ Bulgaria needs to pay the biggest portion of the punishment with BGN 558, 446, then comes EVN with BGN 441, 380 and Energo-Pro owes Bulgarian authorities BGN 167, 256. The total sum of the imposed sanctions thus amounts to BGN 1, 167, 082.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Bulgaria-Greece Gas Pipeline Has Exploded - No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Gas Supplies to Bulgaria From Turkey Will Be Suspended Until The End Of The Week
- » Power Engineers: The People On The Other Side Of The Light
- » Udeclared Fuel Cost a Quarter of a Billion Euros to the Bulgarian Budget