Bulgaria's Berbatov Leaving AS Monaco
Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov is departing AS Monaco after scoring 18 goals in 53 matches for this season's Champions League quarter-finalists, the club announced on Monday.
“Monaco wants to thank Dimitar Berbatov, this great champion, for everything he achieved for the club. His character, his professionalism and his great talent helped the team to achieve its goals in Ligue 1 and Champions League,” the club said in a statement.
Monaco CEO Vadim Vasilyev praised Berbatov for his talent and great professionalism.
"He is clearly among the greatest strikers who played for AS Monaco. We are proud of what he brought to the club and wish him the best in the future," Vasilyev said.
Berbatov, 34, joined Monaco from Fulham in January 2014. Now, newly-promoted Premier League side Bournemouth has been reportedly interested in the former Tottenham and Manchester United star, according to sport.bt.com.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Football: First Victory for Bulgaria in 2022 World Cup Qualifications
- » Sofia to become "World Capital of Sport" for 2024
- » Russia May apply for Hosting Olympic Games in 2036
- » Bulgaria’s National Football Team took a Point against the European Champion
- » Bulgaria’s Junior Volleyball Lost the World Cup Final
- » Bulgaria’s Junior Volleyball Team Reaches World Cup Final