Bulgaria of Citizens Movement Joins EPP as Full Member
The Bulgaria of Citizens Movement on Monday became full member of the European People's Party.
Following a unanimous vote at the EPP Political Assembly in Oslo, the Bulgaria of Citizens Movement said in a statement it has become the country’s fifth political party to join the the family of the centre-right in Europe after the Democratic Party, SDS, DSB and GERB.
SDS, DSB and the Bulgaria of Citizens Movement, known by its Bulgarian acronym DBG, are members of the Reformist Bloc, the junior partner in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov (GERB).
DBG not only shares the values of the European right but is a staunch supporter of deepening the integration of Bulgaria in the European institutions and formats such as Schengen borderless area, the eurozone, the European banking supervision mechanism and the European energy union, party chair ans Bulgaria’s deputy prime minister Meglena Kuneva told the EPP Political Assembly, according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Iraq Pope Francis Calls for End to Violence and Extremism
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » US Senators: Corruption Sours Our Relations with Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine