Coach of Bulgaria's Football Champion Ludogorets Announces Withdrawal
Georgi Dermendzhiev, the coach of Bulgaria's reigning football champion Ludogorets Razgrad, announced his withdrawal from the club on Sunday.
Dermendzhiev made the announcement seconds after the final whistle of his team's last game for the season, sportal.bg reports.
Ludogorets drew 1:1 with Beroe, but the team from Razgrad guaranteed its fourth successive championship title three rounds before the end of the season.
Under the guidance of Dermendzhiev, Ludogorets also reached the group stage of the Champions League and became the first Bulgarian team to record a victory and earn points in this round of the tournament.
Dermendzhiev wished success to the new coach and expressed his gratitude to the owners of Ludogorets – the brothers Kiril and Georgi Domuschievi for allowing him to be part of the club.
The former coach said that it was unclear whether he will assume another position in the club as talks on his future career were forthcoming.
According to rumours, Dermendzhiev will most likely be succeeded by a Spanish coach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar
- » What are the Most Popular Sports in Europe?