Bulgaria's New Gallery Square 500 Opening Thursday
The National Gallery Square 500 is to host an official opening ceremony on Thursday in downtown Sofia.
Exhibitions have been available for several days, and entrance will be free by Friday.
There are over 42 000 works, half of them by Bulgarian artists, and others coming from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
Square 500 is the name a special committee picked for the museum in December after having received some 230 suggestions from citizens over the previous months.
Prior to that the building was known as "The Bulgarian Louvre", a project managed by Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov during his first term in office.
Tickets will be at BGN 10 (EUR 5), or BGN 5 at discount prices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels