Azerbaijan’s Heydar Aliyev Foundation Donates BGN 2.5 M for Restoration of Trapezitsa Fortress
Bulgaria has signed an agreement with a delegation of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation on a donation for restoration works at the Trapezitsa Fortress in Veliko Tarnovo.
The fund donated BGN 2.5 M for the restoration and conservation of the fortress so that it could welcome visitors in the following tourist season.
The project envisages the reconstruction of the western fortress wall, the construction of an alley network for visitors, the conservation of three medieval churches, and the furnishing of a museum exhibition at the Visitors Center where all of the finds from the archaeological excavations will be displayed.
The road leading to the panoramic elevator will also be repaired.
This is the first Bulgarian-Azeri project funded by the Cultural and Historical Heritage Fund.
On Tuesday the Mayor of Veliko Tarnovo, Daniel Panov, Azerbaijan’s Deputy Prime Minister Elchin Efendiyev, the Executive Director of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Anar Alekbarov, and Bulgaria’s Ambassador to Azerbaijan, Maya Hristova, celebrated the symbolic start of the project.
The documents were signed on Wednesday at the Council of Ministers building in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 114 Years of Independence
- » Unification of Bulgaria: Celebrations were held in Plovdiv and Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 137 years since Unification
- » “Book Alley” in Sofia begins with Record Number of Publishers