Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
Bulgarian Tourism Ministry has been advertising hunting of Grizzly bears and American deer, as well as salmon fishing, as announced by the NGO Balkani Wildlife Society, the Bulgarian National Radio reported.
At the Green Days Festival held in Sofia over the past weekend, Bulgaria had been advertised through brochures featuring information on hunting and fishing across the country.
''Even through the first three photos featuring animals, it is easy to note the incompetence and law violation practices,'' stated the press release of the wildlife protection organization. They reminded that the brown bear is a protected species in the country and any hunting practice thereof is sanctioned of up to three years of imprisonment according to local legislation.
The NGO also stated that further advertisements for hunting of protected bear and wild cat can often be found on the official websites of the hunting regions. However, nobody has been accused of violating the law or providing misleading information.
The Bulgarian Tourism Ministry has confirmed the existence of the brochure and added that the case is currently under investigation. A further statement on the scandal is expected to be released by the end of the day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cloudy Weather Today in Bulgaria
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Returns in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 9 Regions, the Weather remains Cold
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species